bozo089
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103118
What I Drive: 2006, blue, Escape

FF Reputation: 1 bozo089 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
My focus has had a ton of problems but is of an earlier build. I can't say for sure how they run now but I would be cautious if I were you. Regardless of it being a newer build or not Ford is having problems that they can't seem to figure out a fix to right now. Maybe give it some time and wait until the kinks are worked out.

I have to admit I love the look of the car and the packages offered with it seem to have a slight edge over the competitors... but mine started having a ton of problems after a year of ownership. Granted it's still drivable. I don't know how new cars work, for this is my first, but I've never heard of so many people having problems with a car that the manufacturer is unwilling to fix.

Whatever you do take your time.
Yeah, that is a scary situation....when the car acts up after a year of ownership.

I'd like to thank everyone for the great responses and suggestions. I went to test drive a Focus hatch and thought it was absolutely amazing!

I found some good deals at non-ford dealerships, but I am concerned that if I was to buy one would Ford dealers help me with servicing, updates, etc. Would it make a difference if I did not buy from them or will all Ford dealers help with that stuff?

Also, before purchasing, would Ford dealerships allow me to bring the car in so they could take a look at it and make sure nothing is wrong?