Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Finally finished the battery relocate...56k need not apply
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Finally finished the battery relocate...56k need not apply

Well here it is. I finally finished the damn relocate. It actually wasn't too too hard or complicated. Everything is custom made just how I wanted it. I lifted it off the floor so I could keep the spare. Which involves making the box to raise it and also the box itself

So first things first once that is done you have to take careful consideration and lay out all your pretty and expensive stuff you just bought. This is to make sure you have everything! You don't want to be going out and buying more if you don't have to

Start with all the old crap and move onto the new!

Find out where you want to put your posts to connect everything. Also make sure you run your wires and crimp your connections according to where everything is laid out. YES CRIMPING YOUR CONNECTIONS CAN EASE INSTALL! I actually crimped a lot of the wires at different angles so they match up without having to bend anything.

I ran the wires through an existing hole I made over a year ago for the boost gauge and air fuel ratio gauge. Only reason I made it that big was because it was the only size circular drill bit I could find. Well it was the perfect size and I didn't even know it!

The power and grounds new home

Running the wires under the carpet

Yes taking out the interior is suggested. It's not hard to take it out either, so might as well do it.

I changed this bend. DO NOT go this way. It will probably interfere with putting the drivers seat back in. I ran it in between the 2 posts where the seat bolts in and through the center of the floor over the hump and out the rear

Just for giggles. I SITZ on the ST170!

Where they come out the back

Box and ground with primer. I hit it with flat black after.

What I found under the carpet under only the drivers seat...I wonder what's under the passenger carpet?

Here they sit

I redid the front ground wire and reran the grounds so it's a little cleaner

Grounds all connected to their places

Carpet in and box in

Dry run to see how everything fits

Positives now ran!

Complete. Wires rerun and tucked and I even finally cut the hole out in the coil pack cover so I could throw that back on there in the meantime before I paint the valve cover.

Done as well

All carpet is back in now and the spare

FINISHED!!!!