Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch...
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #85
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I think a lot of those features are ST3, especially the cam and sensors that go along with Navigation.

You wouldn't get power seats anyways, Recaros being what they are

Yeah I would think it would have a power driver seat like the Ti, but it only describes them as heated leather seats only. However the pre-production ST3 I sat in at one of their drive events had a full leather and power Recaro Driver seat so I don't think the website is listing the full feature set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
The DCT or 5MT will not handle the torque of the 2.0 ecoboost, they would need the ST's 6 speed manual or the traditional auto out of the fusion Ti thats behind a 2.0 eco also. Hell I would settle for the fusion Ti engine over the ST's engine. The ST gets 252 hp and the fusion gets 240 I believe. Just make it an option on the focus Ti only and use the fusion version of the 2.0 eco with the fusion auto trans only. If you want a manual trans, just get the ST.
They could also import the wet clutch DCT which is mated to this engine in the current European Mondeo which would be a better match for the engine in my opinion than a 6F35. But the 6F35 is domestically produced and the wet clutch DCT is not.