Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - The car you love to hate....the build thread.
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #160
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Man this engine swap is starting to scare me. I've been reading threads and it looks like I'm going to need a few more things that no one has mentioned. Like the flex pipe, harness to fuel pump, but it seems as if the engine harness is just one large harness that goes back to the pump. I hope so......... A/C liines has me scared too. Then on top of every thing I gotta get the key reprogrammed don't even know how to go about doing that or if my ford dealer will even do it. I'm glad I decided to have a co-worker to the swap and no the mechanic I would probably be paying 2 grand in labor if I let the mechanic do it. I just know, I'm going to get it all in and turn the key and nothing..... cause that's my luck. I'm too deep in now to back out, but I think I should have just bought a new car.

I'm going to the junk yard monday to pick up the engine, engine harness, ecu, passenger side mount, and fire wall fuel line. I have absolutly no money so I hope they can throw in the flex pipe and I'm gonna crawl under to see if they got the pump harness. I guess I'll go from there......

I just thew up in my mouth.