Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 6-Speed PowerShift - 2013 Any Better?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Note I said with the dct as in the concept, not necessarily this particular execution...
No you didn't man. You said technically there is nothing wrong with Ford's DCT. And you routinely (along with many others) blame all the DCT's issues on a malinformed public. You're expressing your opinion, and that's fine, got no problem with that, but it is an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Manufacturing process changes and hardware changes indicate that there was a concern with the original parts, but not necessarily that they were defective. Software updates to try and mimic a conventional automatic and appease the general public were deemed necessary if they wanted to continue to sell it as a normal automatic.
Yeah I pay no attention to those complaining about roll back on hills and lack of creep and the like. I totally agree there are some acceptable traits of the DCT that are different than TC trannies. But I'm talking about shift quality, which really should've been 99% baked from day 1 out of the factory. But there are many posters who have reported after 12B37 that their overall shift quality was vastly improved. Why would shift quality improve after an update if it was designed merely to address hill roll back and creep traits? It's clear that Ford is issuing updates to address real shift quality issues.

Then there are those like me whose shift quality notably worsened after the update. Again, why should it get noticeably worse after an update that was supposedly just to adress hill roll back and creep and such.

As for hardware, Motor Trend reported that the "revised long-shoulder rivets" were added to reduce chatter/vibration during launch. That indicates to me a design flaw that was not caught during testing.

Just my opinion...