Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Those not happy with the 12b37 update
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #29
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 528, Level 10
Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just tried this and after a short 1-2 mile drive with many starts and stops, I have to say the DCT is just as terrible as before. I would say that I hope it improves with more driving, but I've given up hoping for anything better.

I was one of the people who was fairly happy before all these updates... now I hate driving my car. I'll be trading it in sooner rather than later.

Originally, the DCT was only a mild annoyance on an otherwise outstanding car. It had it's quirks, but did what it was supposed to do in the manner I would expect a dual clutch transmission to operate.

Now that it's been 'fixed', it makes me want to punch my dashboard every time I go for a drive. It has a massive gap in power delivery every time it shifts, and it is even more eager to upshift and reluctant to downshift. The hill start assist being active in park is highly irritating. And it launches so, so badly... I don't think the 1-3-5 clutch is fully engaged before the damned thing is shifting to 2nd gear, despite the increasing throttle. If you want it to hold first gear past 3K you literally have to floor it.

It is nigh intolerable, and I never would have purchased the car if it had operated in this manner when I test drove one. I wish I could put it in a time machine and send it back to last summer, when I loved it and didn't hate it... before it was ruined with software 'fixes'.

Oh well. Now I'm just counting down the days until it makes financial sense to get something that doesn't make me want to smash stuff every time I drive it.