Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Repair of Cracked Mach HID Headlights (Lot's of pictures)
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
bay_wolf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79215
What I Drive: 2002 White Wagon

FF Reputation: 2 bay_wolf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
UPDATE:

It's been a while but the project was put on the back burner. I'm back to fixing them up and have gotten all of the electrical parts done. I am now on the stage of painting the inserts again as I've messed them up a few times. A great tip for anyone painting plastic is that the yellow can oven cleaner (high fumes and heavy duty) will remove paint off of the plastic without harming it. Just spray it on and let it sit for 24 hours. I'm hoping to have them painted by early next week. On to the pictures:

During my attempt to reinsert the projector into the housing I broke a metal part in half so I used some industrial strength Goop Adhesive to put it back together:

Here's some pictures of all the wires spliced, soldered, and routed around the case after installing the aftermarket HID kit:

This is a picture of the ballast attached to the bottom of the housing using velcro. The velcro is industrial strength and being held to the pieces using Goop Adhesive again since it's suppose to be one of the strongest glues.

Here's a final shot of both headlights without the inserts:
Midwest Crew #64