FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
...the access is the issue, as you pretty much have to come from underneath the car or remove the right headlight (and deal with the possible adjustment issues there). The level sensor is on the outer side of the tank just back from the washer fluid pump.
This sounds like a lot to go through; I suggest your dealer do this. I'm glad this doesn't need to be done all of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
Newbie question, but what is the high-level message center - do you mean more expensive trims, or do you mean physical location.

Also - there was an earlier comment that the cars have low oil level indication. Not sure about the Focus, but most cars have a low oil PRESSURE, not level indication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
As far as I can tell they mean the 4.2" color LCD in the instrument cluster that is bundled with sync w/myford or myford touch equipped vehicles rather than the 3.x monochromatic display of the base SE or the even simpler system on the S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
No the instrument panel display is what I'm referring to, but in order to get the high function message center you needed to get MF or MFT, base S or SE models do not come with the higher resolution screen in 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I ran into my message once over the winter...even then.

...I have a bottle in my trunk and I top up every other day...
You're correct, suss6052. This is what we're referring to when we mention the high-level instrument cluster. MyThIc3LiTe, I carry a bottle in my trunk too. As a matter of fact, I need to fill it up after work.

Tiger-Heli, the Focus does have an engine oil pressure indicator in the instrument cluster. Please check out page 14 of the Owner Guide (5th Printing) for more info: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent375hh View Post
Can anybody attest that an SE will give a warning after an update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
I'm probably going to empty my reservoir this weekend. I'll report back. Taking donations for a new bottle of washer fluid.

After thinking back, I recall my "!" coming on briefly once with no message anywhere. I don't remember if it was when I ran low or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
...Here's the definitive answer on the SE (Sport) w/out MFT/Sync. There is in fact an indicator. It didn't appear until after I was empty, but it may not have had time to determine that until then since I just pumped it all out. It doesn't give the "!" indicator, but my monochrome blue message screen said "Washer Fluid Level Low" along with a chime. You'll get a chime and that message will appear every time you start your car until you refill. Again, I'm taking donations for a fresh bottle of fluid. Those donations can be given in rep points.
Thanks for answering this, BetaDnB! The "Washer Fluid Level Low" photo, which was posted on the last page, is this indicator.

Have a great Labor Day weekend,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford