Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - I just bought a 2013 performance blue ST!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #127
sbc17
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101047
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT , '96 Sunfire

Points 2,614, Level 31
Points: 2,614, Level: 31 Points: 2,614, Level: 31 Points: 2,614, Level: 31
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 sbc17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfst View Post
I walked away, and called Misfire.

[about Car]

I got to test drive it -- still not sure. I was able to run it hard few times to see how she performed and I noticed some things. I'm not quite fond of this whole torque steer thing, or maybe it's the fact I've never in my life driven a FWD performance car. I pushed it off the line into a corner and when I mashed the pedal the car instantly wanted to carve my corner faster; felt like the car pulled itself into the corner (not use to that lol). The other thing was the boost gauge--it was pointless. It didn't move unless I hammered it at which point it just pegged--ok?

Seats had a bit of back rake that had my legs up--but plenty of room to navigate. Clutch is SUPER light; in fact where is the clutch? It definitely doesn't feel like old school manuals I've driven where I can feel the clutch plates as I'm working the clutch pedal.

[Deal]

Well, I knew what would come--trade in $16,500 on 2012 SEL Loaded 6k miles. The dealer was not interested intially in selling me the ST on X-plan because it was the first one in the area. They broke, but at the end it was something like $6k difference in what I paid for the car and what I was getting. If I'm forking over that kind of money, I'm going to make sure it's into something I truly want.

I think the car is amazing! However, for me, as a large guy, I think I am going the STI route. I need something just a tad bit bigger if I'm going to be mashing the gears.

Good luck chaps; the car is a beauty and you guys are going to love it. :)
The torque assist took a while to get used to. You want to naturally correct it but the car does it for you. Car + you = over correction. As for the clutch I totally agree. It was basically an on/off switch. Once you get used to it, you can get some really fast shifts in tho. It was hard to get used to redline at 6k and not 7k like my SVT. : P

6k is a lot of money to part with.

For those of you wanting to see white.

Blue Interior
Build number: 61 of 3985