Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I just bought a 2013 performance blue ST!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #125
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I walked away, and called Misfire.

[about Car]

I got to test drive it -- still not sure. I was able to run it hard few times to see how she performed and I noticed some things. I'm not quite fond of this whole torque steer thing, or maybe it's the fact I've never in my life driven a FWD performance car. I pushed it off the line into a corner and when I mashed the pedal the car instantly wanted to carve my corner faster; felt like the car pulled itself into the corner (not use to that lol). The other thing was the boost gauge--it was pointless. It didn't move unless I hammered it at which point it just pegged--ok?

Seats had a bit of back rake that had my legs up--but plenty of room to navigate. Clutch is SUPER light; in fact where is the clutch? It definitely doesn't feel like old school manuals I've driven where I can feel the clutch plates as I'm working the clutch pedal.

[Deal]

Well, I knew what would come--trade in $16,500 on 2012 SEL Loaded 6k miles. The dealer was not interested intially in selling me the ST on X-plan because it was the first one in the area. They broke, but at the end it was something like $6k difference in what I paid for the car and what I was getting. If I'm forking over that kind of money, I'm going to make sure it's into something I truly want.

I think the car is amazing! However, for me, as a large guy, I think I am going the STI route. I need something just a tad bit bigger if I'm going to be mashing the gears.

Good luck chaps; the car is a beauty and you guys are going to love it. :)