Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #214
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,107, Level 34
Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostlaw View Post
Anyone know how long the backorder for parts for this TSB is currently? My 2012 SE had a defective strut replaced during its first week of ownership back in May...The steering remained funky (exactly as described by many here)...the dealership looked at the car again on June 11 and said they ordered parts for the TSB...Any responses appreciated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostlaw View Post
Thanks...the dealer now has the parts, although they didn't bother to call me when they came in, I found out by calling and checking...car goes in for the work next Friday...they said they can get it done in one day, I sure hope so...don't really want to be without a vehicle for a weekend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmfocus View Post
...going back to dealer monday and see what they do. steering still messed up(low speed all over road), still have 8 other dealers close to take it to
How did the repairs go at your dealers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlotTech View Post
I just had this TSB done on Tuesday, the dealer I went to received the parts overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer2K View Post
It took my dealer 13 days from order to receipt of the parts. Then an additional 2 days to do the work. My car was there a total of 15 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmfocus View Post
some guy from ny your parts might be in this week i took my car in on same day you posted (07-23) parts came in today, going in shop tomorrow
Hey guys -

Thanks for responding to Bostlaw's post; you all rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzrfun View Post
The TSB was installed on my Focus and it appears to have solved the (ping-pong effect) problem...

...Now that my steering is fixed, I'm really happy with the Focus.
Full steam ahead! Please share your love story on our social site as well: http://social.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
Apparently "the alignment is good, but they did not adjust the steering wheel at the same time..." but now I have to bring the car back in NEXT WEEK AND LEAVE IT THERE AGAIN for them to fix that and the mirror. In the mean time I am going to pennsylvania tomorrow for 3 days and will be driving the car hundreds of miles with the steering wheel crooked...
I escalated this with your regional CSM. If you haven't done so, please check your PM inbox for the case number.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply