Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #133
jerry1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94735
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti w/ MT & Alloy Wheels

FF Reputation: 1 jerry1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I took mine in about 3 months ago for this and a few other things. Most things, including this went unresolved so I pulled the light yesterday to fix it myself and I now have paint damage so back to the dealer it goes. Yippie!

Also being an engineer, I must agree with a previous post that there is no adjustment available. The post pin in the front must be tightened on the light or it could come loose. It's not an adjustment pin.

I added washers as spacers to provide a gap between the light and car. I added one on the front post pin by removing pin, adding washer and re-installing pin. I also added washers between the light and the foam washers on each threaded mounting post (the threaded posts that you screw the plastic nuts onto from inside the hatch area.)

The trick is finding the washer sizes that work for inside diameter, outside diameter and thickness. Mine worked great using 1 cheapo washer from home depot for each location. (the post with the big, oblong foam washer needs 2 due to its surface area). If u try this, u will see what I mean.

Now I need to address paint damage. Crap!!!