Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - The TICK build thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #37
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
Nice thread! Really interesting and informative. Definitely subd and keep up the awesome work!
Thanks. I am going camping this weekend so I am trying to figure out what I can take with me to still "work" on the car. After starting to get my MBA part time and work full time I find even less time to work on it, so I will find what time I can. I think I will work on some more cosmetics, pain and prep of parts for pain.

I got the shafts of the tie rods painted with two coats of the POR-15 and it looks slick. Still have to finish cleaning up the other side though... you just get kind of tired of spraying simple green, using brushes, towels, Q-tips, Dremel. But I want everything to be clean going back in. When it eventually gets done it will be as clean as the day it rolled of the line... at least the front end.

My Dremal went out on me a few weeks back also (when I turn it on it only goes max speed) I think I blew out the power transistor and just need to find a comparable replacement. Is it a bad sign when your having to fix tools that you got to fix your car and your car is still not even close to being put back?

Also, in moving forward, I am guessing since I have the cross-member and steering all out it will be easier to reinstall the motor and transmission and all that first and then bolt up the cross-member and suspension components?
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)