Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Moon roof leaking
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,219, Level 35
Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyusa View Post
I'm not sure the Customer Operations Manager read the lengthy PM I sent to Ford Customer Service.

The first dealer I went to did NOT say it was operating normally. I explained this again to the Customer Operations Manager. This is why the service manager sent me to a body shop to fix the problem. And back to the body shop again to correct the problem. The only problem I had with the body shop was that they wanted me to not inform Ford if the fix didn't work, but come directly back to them. The fix didn't work. Now leaked worse. The second dealer said "all moonroofs leak" before he even looked at the car. Very inappropriate remark and not true. The third dealer said it is normal.

The Customer Operations Manager could not answer these questions:
If this is a normal operating condition of the vehicle, if it is operating as designed, why did the first dealer try to fix the defect? twice? Does Ford Motor Company agree with the second service manager, that 'all moonroofs leak'? If this is considered normal, is there a parameter, a measureable amount of water that would be considered acceptable? If Ford Motor Company knows that the moon roofs leak, why is the customer not informed before purchase? I could have had the option to purchase a Focus without a moon roof if this had been disclosed...

Thomas any suggestions as to who could answer these questions?
Our Customer Service and Operations Managers are best to assist in this regard. I recommend checking with them to see what the next steps are.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply