feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas1131 View Post
I meant to post back here after I took my Focus back in for servicing. Unfortunately, my issues were not resolved and I left the dealer feeling like no one believed the problems that I had been experiencing (engine shudders or hesitates - air conditioner fan blows inconsistently). Once again, the service manager tells me that it's driving like this because it's a 4 cylinder. I have owned and driven MANY 4 cylinder cars and I have never experienced anything like this before. I drive roughly 500 miles a week but I just couldn't handle driving this car any longer. I traded it in on a 2012 Kia Optima SX this past weekend and I am not having any issues with this 4 cylinder car and the air conditioner.
I really, really wanted to love my Focus and I know that I lost a pile of money by trading it in, but I couldn't justify driving something that made me so unhappy.
Good luck everyone!
Sorry to hear that!

I too am very disappointed with my local dealership's service manager... I actually just got off the phone with him and after explaining the issue I was given the runaround.

He went through all the things being thrown around in this thread early on... such things as the car is just compensating for starting to speed up or slow down, the car is just changing it's gear range (what? it's not shifting gears if that's what he means...) and yadda yadda yadda... although the issue occurs at a flat 50mph for me (this speed is the most replicable I've found) on a FLAT road with NO inclines/declines and it's NOT the car trying to shift gears or compensate...

He said "I've driven many cars with cruise control and this happens in all of them" to which I replied "I've driven many cars with cruise control and this has NEVER happened, I know what it feels like when the car tries to compensate and adjusts for speed for instance on an incline or decline, and on top of that before the latest reflash this NEVER occurred."

He just kept telling me he didn't think it was a concern.

This is the same dealership however that has had my car in for 8 1/2 hrs when I asked them to do "the works", check MFT, perform the 12B37 reflash to begin with, and a few other odds and ends... after all that time they hadn't even changed my oil, and then a week later I get a letter in the mail saying "it's time for an oil change come on in!"
from them... ugh.
Sonic Crew #28