View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
quikstang2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30436
What I Drive: Ranger & SVO

FF Reputation: 1 quikstang2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You know what, the Recaro seats look fairly similar to my SVO seats. I love those things. I think I'm leaning that way. Given that, I assume these are the harder to find and more expensive seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
Never had any problems in my seat even while recovering from back surgery. The seats and my back surgery arent linked in any way. lol
Haha! Thanks for answering my next question in advance!
Thanks for the pics. I remember seeing the standard SVT seat from back when I was all into the Focus stuff... even though I wasn't over enthusiastic.
"It's all coming back to me now," said the blind man peeing into the wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLRich1 View Post
the standard SVT seats came in blue too, if that matters.
Well I am CDO. So yes, it would matter. If I got a red car, I'd want red seats. Blue car, blue seats. Of course there's this thing where I hate red, so I'll just aim for the blue ones if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLRich1 View Post
I would defiantly try and find some recaros to sit in to see if you like them. I love them and my dad says the standard svts are more comfortable for him. As you know, its about what feels good to you.
Yeah, the plan was to try and find someone with both. Hopefully I'd be able to ride shotgun for a decent trip or two in order to really tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainest View Post
The only issue will be, that Focus seats are model year specific for the SRS, meaning that if you have an '03 Focus, you will need seats from an '03 SVT. Good luck!
Oh yeah... I forgot about that fancy newfangled stuff like airbags that none of my 1984 stuff has. Thanks for pointing that out. This will probably dictate what year wagon I'm willing to buy.
SVT was 2002 to 2004, right? So, for me, that would rule out 2000-2001 and 2005-2007, unless I found a dead SVT donor (don't want to kill a good car) and was willing to do A LOT of work to swap everything around (and I might be). I should probably look up production numbers to see what year had the most SVTs produced, and therefore be more likely to have spare seats available. Someone slap me if I'm over thinking things.

Side note: Like everyone here, I'm sure, I want to heavily modify the stupid little car if/when I get one. I'd really like to do the Kugel Komponents RWD kit, but keep the stock engine and mount it longitudinally with a T5. Now if I found a donor SVT while looking for seats, then I'd value the option of having a 6th gear over RWD. I guess it all comes down to what I find...