Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Dominanteng.com def worth the wait
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #27
Echo Leader
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15189
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue 3-Door SVT Focus w/ European Appearance Package

FF Reputation: 1 Echo Leader Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I seem to be in trapped in the same situation SVTF 03 and apparently a bunch of others found themselves...

I ordered my ORP/Flex combo from Dominic about a month ago (July 30). The initial ORP rubbed the half-shaft. Dom was quick to respond saying he'd correct it, which was excellent. I asked if he would need the flex pipe as well and he said he would not, so I shipped him only the ORP.

I received the re-worked ORP from him on August 23rd and tried to install it that night. The ORP now clears the half-shaft, but the result is that the flex is about 3 inches below where it needs to be to interface correctly with the cat-back. I have to put a huge amount of force onto the flex in order to get it anywhere near the cat-back so, unlike some others, Iím still boned.

I sent Dom a set of pictures documenting the issue that night and asking what he could do, but he hasn't responded to any of my emails since August 19th. I've had to give up as I need to get the car back on the road. Hopefully he'll stand behind his product and refund me my money as otherwise I'll have spent close to $400 for him to make me a fairly cumbersome paperweight.

I understand the Ďone-man-bandí issue, but leaving a paying customer who has received defective goods in the dark for 10 days now isnít on. It doesnít take more than thirty seconds to email saying ĎDammit, Iím sorry. Send it all back for a refund as this is not representative of the standards to which I hold myself.í

tl;dr: ORP/Flex still doesn't fit after a re-work and Dominic appears to be avoiding contact.

Any ideas?