Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sonic's Mk3 in Pictures...
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #74
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 18 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Okay... Where to start...?

This is my third Focus. First was an '01 SE Sedan in Pitch Black, ex wife took it as her car and took in divorce. Second was a '02 Sonic Blue ZX3 SVTF. His name was Sonic (original, I know) an that's what spawned my Screen Name when I joined the second time (stopped using the screen name I had with the SE). Loved the car, would go as far as to call it my dream ride. I sat in its twin in 2004 at Rich Ford here in Albuquerque and bought my Sonic in Woodland Hills, CA used with 35,000 miles (Aug 2007) on it. In June 2008 he was taken from me by a drunk driver.

I bought a used 2004 WRX and moved on for awhile. Didn't post here, occasionally visited for posterity and see what was going on with the current Focus.

Fast forward to March of this year. The WRX rolled over 153,000 miles and was starting to show its age. I was needing to replace the A/C, needed a paint refresh, etc... Went looking at the Mk3 Focus and really loved them. Actually, looked at the Fiesta and decided it was just a tad too small. Rich Ford found me my car in Denver had it transferred down and I began ownership of Focus #3. I initially went looking for a Sonic Blue but they couldn't find one with all the options I wanted.

I decided against changing my screen name and once again rejoined the FF family. So, now while I don't have a Sonic Blue car anymore I've kind of just embraced the name and embody the notion of being Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog actually comes in many colors and flavors. It was actually Unida from Australia that turned me onto the green version of Sonic and now I'm set .
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew