Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Auto-x video and picture thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #103
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Fan#: 52400
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360

FF Reputation: 12 mellephants Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellephants View Post
Wait. What? Focus falls into STS with a Torsen?

Last year I ran a Focus with Torsen in STX, but for 2012, I understood that this was disallowed, and the only Street Touring class for the Focus was STF.
Well, I checked the current rules, and as far as I can tell, I was remembering correctly... so hopefully you just mis-typed, or maybe your region has special rules for Street Touring class rules.

14.10.K. Limited Slip Differentials
STC, STS, STF – No limited slip differentials are permitted except for factory standard viscous coupler type units.

Note that STS does not have a catch-all statement at the end of its car list, like STX does. This is why you could run a Focus in ST or STX by qualifying under their "NOC" catch-all statements. This year, though, we don't get to choose our Street Touring class based on prep, because the Focus is specifically classified in STF. This sucks for those of us in regions without a street-tire modifier or street-tire open class, because the Torsen dumps you right into FSP, and race tires are expensive!

So then, this is the complete list of classes for the Focus in 2012 SCCA Solo:

HS
STF
FSP
EP
EM