Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - The car you love to hate....the build thread.
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #143
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Points 30,848, Level 100
Points: 30,848, Level: 100 Points: 30,848, Level: 100 Points: 30,848, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Just got the best deal ever! So I've been holding on on buying a engine util I got a mechanic willing to do it for cheap. I now have one, so I called the place I've been looking at the last week. They have 8 zetecs ranging from $350-$800 not including harness and ecu. Anyways I called for one I saw for $400, it came with a warranty. When I told the guy which engine I was caling about I asked if there is any way he could throw in a harness and ecu as a package deal. I told what I was doing and he said he knew the harness had to match the year of the engine for it all to work. He said the engines don't usually come with alternators or ac either. He asked what year of car I had. Then he told me to hold on. After a min or so he came back and said I just got a complete '02 focus in and then asked how much I have to spend. I told I could easily spend $500. He asked if it was cash or credit, I said cash. He said if you come and pay tomorrow ill give you everything you need for the swap for that. Hells yea! So ill be going tomorrow to see my new engine!! Bow chica bow wow.