Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Titanium Handling Package - Winter Tires
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Bard_Titanium
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103029
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium

Points 224, Level 4
Points: 224, Level: 4 Points: 224, Level: 4 Points: 224, Level: 4
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Bard_Titanium Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Titanium Handling Package - Winter Tires

So I'm new here and I've been searching through the forums for an answer but couldn't find anything.

I just bought a 2012 Titanium Hatchback with the Handling Package. I live in Southeast Michigan so I'm looking to get a second pair of tires/wheels for winter.

I'm looking for some opinions from you guys as to whether I should get ONLY new tires and have them mounted/unmounted every spring and fall on the 18" wheels, or get some different wheels and tires and just replace the entire wheel each spring and fall.

For me personally, I'd rather only get new tires and have them remounted. One of the main reason I wanted the handling package was for those rims, I think they look awesome. I was looking at two different tires (not sure if they'll fit), Michelin Pilot Apline 3 or the Bridgestone Blizzak WS70. And the other reason I'd like to remount on the OEM wheel is because I ended up getting the tire/wheel protection package from Ford, so even if anything happens to the wheels, there covered.

So bottom line, if you guys can recommend which route you would take and give me some advice on either those two tires (or others) and whether they will fit on the existing 18" rims.

Thanks!