Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #211
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
frustration, frustration, frustration.

My dealer last week said they were going to order a new rear view mirror for me after I told them how it continually droops down every few days. They also said they would give me a "great deal" on reparing some minor curb rash I have on one of my wheels.

My focus has been in at the service department since monday to fix those issues and the steering rack...Yesterday I spoke to my service manager who told me the "great deal" to fix the curb rash would be $225 dollars. I told him that was too much so to not do it. I can get it repaired cheaper else where. However he told me the rear view mirror was replaced, so I was happy.

I call today, wednesday to see when I can pick up my car...and the service manager I have been dealing with is not in today. I get another service manager who informs me that the rear view mirror was NOT replaced and was just ordered. It won't be in until friday or possibly monday-tuesday next week. I will have to GO BACK AGAIN to have it replaced. This was supposed to be avoided since they were going to order it LAST WEEK and replace it during the 2.5 days they had my car for the steering rack.

It's now 10:15am and I am at work waiting for them to call me back to see when I can get my father to pick it up. I am waiting right now because they need to take pictures of the rear view mirror to send to Ford.

I can't wait until this is all over. I pray that the alignment is right and the steering wander is fixed. I won't get to drive it until 7pm tonight.