Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch...
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #67
Vestra01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103186
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Vestra01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The one saving grace to all this is that the system is still quite buggy from personal experience...takes forever to index a Zune HD, an Apple iPod Classic fares better but on the other hand doesn't display all the cover art, the system still slows down and occasionally requires a fuse pull and master reset. From what I've read these bugs ripple through to the NAV portion as well and a lot of folks on these forums complain that a Garmin is still better than the MFT NAV. Maybe by the time ford fixes all the bugs, they will also decide to allow us to unlock NAV post sale as well. The other upside to using a Garmin is that you don't have to worry about map updates and can use the MFT screen to look at other info while the Garmin handles NAV. Integrated NAV is pretty though and does mean less windshield clutter. I hope Ford is listening to us on these forums!.........Here's an idea..Ford should actually work with Garmin to make MFT especially the NAV portion very NUVI like...Garmin's PND OS is also very stable and reliable....this would be sweet. They don't necessarily have to dump Windows Auto, becuase I'm sure that Garmin has apps that run on Windows Embedded...I remember running Garmin GPS apps on an old Dell Axim PocketPC.