Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - seats and back pain
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
quikstang2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30436
What I Drive: Ranger & SVO

FF Reputation: 1 quikstang2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
seats and back pain

I used to have a 2000 SE wagon. For some reason the seats wrecked my back. Also drove a friend's first generation Mazda 5 on a road trip for four hours, and my back was mangled by the time I got home. My Ranger seat felt like a La-Z-Boy when I sat in it after that.

I've had a ton of people say that the seats don't hurt their back, so there's no problem. I don't want to debate that. I know my back is not perfect, and that's where the problem is. I don't know why the Focus seat sets me off so badly. I haven't noticed it in any other vehicles, yet.

I'm, once again, considering selling the truck and getting another wagon, for various reasons. I don't mind finding different seats, as long as they bolt straight in. I'll get tracks from one car and a seat from another, but I don't want to splice seat rails together. Ideally, if there's another model or year Focus seat that bolts right in, that would be great. I'm also not sure if the 2005-2007 seats were any different. I know the SVT seats were, but I've never sat in them. I'm not really asking "what seat swaps work?" because I can search that and keep trying them all until I find one that I like. I'm trying to find something better in comparison to those seats.

So my main question is: Given that the 2000-2004 Focus seats kill my back (specifically lower back), what other compatible seats do you think I should try? Or which other ones should I avoid?

Thanks guys. If I find a promising solution to this, I'll probably start car hunting.