Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch...
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #66
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra01 View Post
Yeah that was going to be my next suggestion, have it provisioned in a car with NAV but then you'd need a specially cooperative dealer and tech......or a good friend with a similarly configured car. I hope Ford is listening and finally pleases us.....other than this I absolutely love my car...I got mine in May 2011 one of the first batch off the assembly line!
Same here. Preordered mine and it arrived on May 1 of last year. That's part of my dilemma. The dealership told me one thing and I got screwed :(

And Altis, I tried everything. The service tech even tried explaining that to the IVT engineer and he didn't budge. I even mentioned the possibility of doing a swap in a car that supported nav but he was pretty unresponsive. He said that would work, but seemed extremely reluctant to try it with a lot car. I made mention of doing something like that with "another car" and he said it would work, but we didn't talk about it much.

If anyone in the Cleveland area doesn't mind me borrowing their car for a few hours, then I'd be in business