Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - daylight sensor: how to make it more sensitive?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #15
Timthom62
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97579
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5-Door SEL 303A

Points 2,703, Level 31
Points: 2,703, Level: 31 Points: 2,703, Level: 31 Points: 2,703, Level: 31
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 5 Timthom62 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ed8r* View Post
Great idea about the sunglasses lens! And I just happen to have a pair that are scratched and ready to be disposed of, so I'll try it and report back . . .

Thanks!

* Oh, and many thanks also for giving me a basic idea of how it functions. I was thinking that knowing the principle might help me think of a way to "spoof" it, but you provided that thought as well!
You're welcome.

I just wish I'd taken a picture of the car that I saw with the lens on it or had looked a little harder to try to figure out how they kept it from sliding around in a turn. There was nothing obvious, so maybe they used double-backed tape or something.

Please let us know how it works out for you.

EDIT: It should be noted that on vehicles equipped with the Dual Automatic Temperature Control (DATC) system, the light sensor also serves as a 'sunload' sensor for the airconditioning system and supplies information to the HVAC module proportional to the intensity of the sun on the vehicle.

If you're 'spoofing' the light sensor, it may also result in the cabin temp being a bit warmer (or at least slower to cool to set temp) on sunny days.

Last edited by Timthom62; 08-29-2012 at 03:43 AM.