Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch...
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #63
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra01 View Post
I'm surprised Jaclyn from the IVT team hasn't chimed in at all on this. We have been asking for the ability to unlock NAV post sale for more than a year and the idea is posted on the Ford social website also for more than 1 year. A lot of us on this board are techies I.e. engineers, IT guys, comp sci majors and we all know that the excuse "it can only be done at the factory" is BS especially considering its all software and that the physical hardware parts are interchangeable a Ford hallmark by the way. A lot of us opted to bypass NAV presale because our salesmen told us it could be enabled post sale and because when the system debuted it was in fact very buggy and still is with a Garmin offering better performance. Yet as the system improves and bugs are hammered out a lot of us would like to upgrade and enable the Nav that the hardware in our cars definitely supports! I just don't get why ford would be turning away cash when a lot of us are saying take our 795 dollars and upgrade us!
^^This^^

I even bought the full module ($1024 after tax, since I wasn't turning in my old one) and still nothing from Ford. Looks like if I can't get it working I'll be returning it.

I guess Ford doesn't want my $1024? They don't want to take my $1024 for a simple software installation. Unbelievable.