Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch...
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #62
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra01 View Post
What if the tech provisions the module using the VIN for a car that is configured identically to yours except that this VIN has the NAV? that should work as they can pull down the flash files for the module from that VIN, and should result in a similar situation to what Mrlandy did by swapping out his APIM with the one procured on EBay. You have to have a cooperative service tech though.
Well, that part they're actually right on. When they try to provision it connects to their database, but it sends the APIM information. Actually, that's how it failed. I read the services book about it. Apparently the APIM was actually provisioned correctly, but without the Navigation app (it literally calls it an "App"). They called an engineer to see if he would bypass the lock but he said no because my VIN# does not list Nav.

One of the things listed is the VIN# of the vehicle. You can see the info too -- hit the Power button to turn off the radio and then hold the Skip Forward and Eject buttons at the same time for a few sec. Hit the first button (APIM Diagnostics, I think) and you can see the info in there.

What needs to be done is the APIM has to be installed into a car licensed for Nav, have it provisioned in there, and then switch it back to my car.