Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - daylight sensor: how to make it more sensitive?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 3,034, Level 33
Points: 3,034, Level: 33 Points: 3,034, Level: 33 Points: 3,034, Level: 33
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ed8r* View Post
Currently I have the sensor covered with 2" x 2" Post-it notes.

A single layer was definitely not enough, so now I have a double layer of pink post-its and they happen to be sort of tweaked so they lie almost cupped around it, even though they are only stuck at the very front. It helps, but isn't quite enough yet.

I'm afraid to try anything more permanent ... I read somewhere a suggestion of marking it up with a black permanent marker! ... but I'm not prepared to try that yet.

There are enough people who are frustrated with it that I don't understand why the engineers haven't found a workable solution yet!
You could probably take a piece or three of scotch tape and draw over it with sharpie to make it dark and see if that would help.

I, like many here, have noticed that they come on way too late when it's way too dark. A few times i've found myself wondering why peoples lights arent on in storms and realizing mine arent either >.<