Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Electric Owners!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
turbine guy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103088
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Electric Frosted Glass

FF Reputation: 1 turbine guy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Spare: Thanks for the feedback, exactly what I was looking for, warts and all. Up here in Northern BC, I'm truly a pioneer, with 0-charging stations available. (I have my own at home and at my business. Yes, I'm listed on plugshare.com, you can see me on there.)
Cool story about your local power utility. Maybe I should try that angle here! The Greater Vancouver Regional District is putting in many charging stations in anticipation of the coming wave of electrics, but so far it has only been a small number of Nissan Leafs actually sold. I don't think Ford has done a good job of promoting the Focus Electric, but perhaps there are political undercurrents at play here that I don't as yet understand. The release of the Honda Fit EV may shake up the whole electric car business, but we shall see. So far, I've had no problems, but my car is only two weeks in my hands, and my commute is short. I'm slowly getting over range anxiety, as my old EV conversion was severely limited in range (Lead acids), and the Focus is a gem in comparison. So far it's all been good.

Robin.

Last edited by turbine guy; 08-27-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling