Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100454
What I Drive: '12 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dialed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo089 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member to the forum, however, I have been browsing over the last week as I consider purchasing a 2012 Ford Focus.

When I began researching, I was unaware of the DCT and the issues related to it. After reading numerous threads with over a hundred responses, I am a bit nervous to buy a Focus.

Disregarding the DCT, the Focus is by far my #1 choice for a new vehicle, therefore I wanted to ask everyone if I should feel confident in pursuing a 2012 Focus.

I am thinking that the people posting about DCT issues may represent only a small number of all 2012 Focus owners. With that in mind, I may just be acting silly....

Also, I am considering getting a slightly used one so should I be looking for a newer build date?

Thank you
Test drive one. Use it in Auto and Sport mode if you're getting an Automatic. Shift like a mofo. If you feel jerking, get away from that car. I, and others, suspect certain build date Foci to be problematic.

I have absolutely not hard evidence to back this up, so leave me alone, it's just an opinion.