Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #1326
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperSeven View Post
I bought a 2012 focus hatchback in May of this year. Love the car, but the car leaks water in the right rear cargo area every time I drive on wet roads. I've had it in for service for this problem twice. Second time the dealer had it for 4 days. It still leaks, I'm talking alot. The carpet is drenched every time it rains. Only the lower side carpet ( nothing from the top ). At this point I'm looking at finding another dealer ( not the one where I purchased at at ) that can fix it right. resale for this car just dropped by at least 2K. In the shop going to be three times for water leaking into it. who's going to want to buy it. Anyone who carfax's it will see the problems with it and not want to buy it for sure. Frustrating! anyone else having the same problem? I'd like to see if there is.....
If this was my car, I would determine where the water was coming in. Here's how I would do it:
  1. Fold the rear seat down.
  2. Have someone sit in the hatch area.
  3. Using a hose, spray water around the hatch area, starting at the sides and then the top.
  4. The person inside should see where the water is entering the car. Maybe ask him or her to take a picture.

I a suspect that the problem is that the weatherstrip is not sealing properly. It should be a very easy fix. If you cannot get your dealer to address the problem, try another dealer or escalate the problem to one the Ford customer service reps on this forum.