Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Idea!? good or bad here it is.
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
Dryervent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103077
What I Drive: 2004 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Dryervent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Idea!? good or bad here it is.

I've got a 2004 Focus ZTS and I'm thinking of turning it into somewhat of a rally car. By somewhat I mean I'm not going to actually take it to a rally and get 5ft in the air.

Here's my idea.
I own a company and drive alot of dirt road(oil field road). I normally drive an F250 but all I need is a laptop and a screwdriver so it's way over kill to drive the F250. I'm thinking the Focus with a roll cage and suspension would be fun. I don't know if it will survive the dirt roads for long though. I normally don't get above 55mph on the dirt, as crappy as the roads are so I don't think I need to shed all the weight that I could. This means I could make it more comfortable. It is typically over 100 degrees in the summer here so I want to keep the A/C and the radio would be nice too, as I normally work 12 hour days and 10 of those hours are in the vehicle. I could also use all the graphics on the exterior to advertise for my company. I'm also on the blacktop alot too.

Can I get some feed back as to wether you think the suspension and roll cage would hold up, thoughts about keeping A/C & radio, Suggestions in general?

PS I'm new to the Focus and Rally Cars so any info is greatly appreaciated.