Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - No pump voltage
Thread: No pump voltage
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
custommoggy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103049
What I Drive: 1966 zetec powered morris minor

FF Reputation: 1 custommoggy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No pump voltage

1998 1.8 Mk1 petrol zetec, chopped into a custom car, using all the original harness ecu etc, there is no supply to the fuel pump, all the ecu voltages seem to be correct, I believe pin 53 is supposed to ground the pump relay to complete the circuit? I believe this is not happening, there may be a sensor unplugged somewhere or another issue such as immobilizer? If I hook up the pump to a 12v supply, the car will start and run for a second or two, then stop, the pump is running continuously like this but it shows there's a spark, if I turn the key again it'll start again for a second or two.
Now I believe the fuel regulation is controlled by the ecu so the correct amount of fuel is injected and by running the pump direct from 12v this will just deliver the maximum fuel, thus the car starts, then I suspect the ecu is seeing something it doesn't like and switching off the ignition thus stopping the car, now that bit is just guesswork, any ideas anyone? would it have a spark if either the cam or crank sensor was not connected for example?

I've driven myself mad reading the haynes manual! any help appreciated