Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #37
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

Points 1,795, Level 24
Points: 1,795, Level: 24 Points: 1,795, Level: 24 Points: 1,795, Level: 24
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
I can't help but think that between the rims and this mod, just buying an SE in the first place would have been easier.
If I would have bought the car brand new, it would have been easier, however I bought mine used, and my goal is to equip the car with only the specific options I want. Since ford requires specific option packages to be ordered, (ex 201A, 203A, etc.) Its not possible to order the car exactly as desired. You will be forced to take some options you don't want to get specific options you do want. And several options are not available together.
At the time I bought mine, used SE sport package equipped cars were very very difficult to find and the only ones i did find had the DCT transmission (which i didn't want).. this was the only way to get mine, unless I ordered brand new.

As the car sits right now, with the wheel/tire package, fog lights, custom painted hood, modified power windows (available for 30 minutes after key off)
I still have less than 15K total in the car (including TTL)... find me an SE sport package that i can buy for that with less than 5000 miles. within a radius of 500 miles from where I live.

Just buying one with all the stuff in it, what's the fun in that? building the car the way you want it from a barebones model is part of the fun. Being able to work through the challenges that come up. It's the challenge of not just getting it to work, but making it look like it came that way, and doing it for the lowest possible cost... Now THAT's fun!!

If I would have simply just bought it with the stuff already there, I wouldn't know half of the stuff these little projects have taught me about this car and how it works.. This kind of stuff is invaluable. Doing these kind of projects improves my engineering, fabrication and design skills...

If you want to do it the easy way and just buy it... thats fine... to me its not just getting options in the car, its also a chance to learn new things.