Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Welcome Newbies To FF
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #1694
rezachi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103009
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 Zetec/5Speed

Points 60, Level 1
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 rezachi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey all,

My wife had two 1st gen Ford Focus sedans (2000 and 2004). She eventually had problems driving in snow and the dealer talked her into trading up to a Ford Escape.

Fast forward to today and I'm wishing that I would have talked her into keeping the Focus instead of trading. I drive at least 100-150 miles daily for work, in all weather and all conditions that Wisconsin can throw at me. I actually drove her 2007 Focus within a few miles of a tornado that I did not realize was happening until I got home and saw news from where I was.

My current car (a Plymouth Acclaim) is a tank, but I know that it won't last forever and the Acclaim model isn't getting any newer. I really enjoyed driving the Foci and to me there was no question what my next commuter car would be getting when I compare them to other early-mid 2000's 4cyl cars (Neons, Proteges, and Cavaliers all felt cheap in comparison).

I'm here to read up a bit before I buy one and eventually score a good buy if someone lists a Zx3 near me in my price range.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my wife's grandma just bought a brand new Fiesta and loves it!