Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Shaking To/From 1st Gear
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #68
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
This DCT is really getting on my nerves lately. It's been hobbling along for some time since the latest TSB but it has never sounded normal- even for a DCT. It clunks rattles and grinds to the point where I'm scared to drive the damn thing sometimes. Shifting gears- especially from first to second, should not make the entire car shake like San Francisco, I'm sorry, I've driven a manual before.

As others have said here it's not just me; almost everyone who has been driven around in my car have at some point wondered if there was something wrong with my car. You hear it so often you just start wondering yourself....

I understand Ford needs to turn a profit and can't afford to repair 200k+ defective Foci but seriously don't just try and reprogram a mechanical issue away. Ford THINK here. Is it good PR to have this many cars driving around loudly rattling and grinding? People can hear that, and trust me they do. What will it be like three years from now (or sooner) when these DCTs start failing in mass? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe these things will just run badly for years and never truly fail. I hope not, for those years would be long and painful.