Nickrand
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91960
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Nickrand Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Any updates on your fix? I suppose all is well ... your fix gives us hope that this issue can be corrected!

I guess with the problem only being noticeable after warm up that would explain why people are having a hard time getting this diagnosed properly, as mentioned by BPEW584.

It's not the hesitation going into 2nd so much but the clutch actually slipping, causing shaking/shuddering that can be very noticeable at times, about half way through 1st gear that I see as my problem. Hoping the service dept will agree and I'm pretty sure they will. I may have to pull in with the clutches warmed up amd take the trans tech for a ride along to demonstrate the failure if they don't see it on the first check.

Keep trying, eventually they have to listen. Try taking the tech for a test drive in your car to demonstrate the problem then request a test drive with him in a new car on the lot to compare with. Hoping there is a difference of course which there should be.
Nickrand got his fixed so certainly there is a fix available.
I want to say that my clutch problem was very noticeable on a warm engine. To the point that passengers asked me what was wrong with my car. The hesitation and shudder at times would be so significant that the whole car would shake for a few seconds before the clutch finally released and the car accelerated further.

The Ford service hotline has identified this as an issue, so if people have an issue as noticeable as mine was, hopefully they can get their Ford dealer to verify the problem with the hotline at least.

After almost two weeks, the problem with my DCT is gone. The only difference I have noticed is my exhaust is slightly louder. Maybe they didn't connect everything tightly when they put the transmission back on. But it's not that noticeable, so I won't worry about it for now.

My worry going forward is that I might have clutch failure again down the road, since my problem didn't start happening until around 10,000 miles.

I was slightly skeptical that something may have been wrong with my car when it was delivered direct from the Wayne assembly plant because it had 47 miles on it at delivery (it was factory ordered and delivered to the dealer by truck). But that is just speculation.