Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #1023
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,164, Level 34
Points: 3,164, Level: 34 Points: 3,164, Level: 34 Points: 3,164, Level: 34
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
...Im going to cool down a bit then go back at it hard and heavy, Im not giving up, I love the car I just want the damn thing FIXED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Guys, I don't know.... over the problematic areas where it really rattled, the noise is gone. But over some heavy bumps, I can still "hear" the noise that was going on. Not that confident in this new TSB thus far. It is waaaaaay better than it was before, but c'mon. My 2001 had 167,000 miles on it when I traded it in and the front suspension was as quiet as a drunk baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
...On that note...I am randomly hearing small clunks from my driverside front now. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse...it is still better than when I took it in before the TSB was done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Had my front end checked out again today. My dealer has already changed the springs, bearings, ect. earlier this year. The noise did not go away. So they looked things over and have ordered a LF Strut. Hopefully this will take care if my clunk and rattle....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksarnstrom View Post
Parts from Ford ordered on 7/31...expected arrival is 9/15! You gotta be kidding me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
My parts are also on order.

Got a call from my CSM today and was told she was escalating my case in order to get the backordered parts for my car in ASAP. Not sure how much that'll change things, but that's what she told me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
So I finally got my TSB done today, at heller ford in escondido. They were very nice. The parts tools about a month to get here. Just driving home, I must say, that the car is impressively quiet. The springs and bearing make some sort of huge difference. It was never this quiet or smooth brand new. Now it's just wait and see if the parts wear out or the noise comes back. I'm crossing my fingers:) Itdid take a lot of conversations with the regional rep, and hat was facilitated by "Thomas" here on the forum. Thanks Thomas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
..."Brian" my regional rep is going to call me today he say, and I will find out more then....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Well my car has been in for 10 days. They dont have all the parts but are puting back together until the parts arrive. Something about it taking up a lift. (I guess my car is in there way) I wish they would just keep it until its finished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
Interesting. I notice their description doesn't say "eliminate noise", so maybe we will always be stuck with some amount of noise once the Pillowballs break in.

Hey everyone -

If you're not currently working with your CSM on this issue, please shoot me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll forward all particulars as soon as possible. If you're working with a CSM, please keep the status quo by letting us all know how it's going. Thanks for the kudos, Lipshurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshew97 View Post
Took my car in on Thursday last week, they worked on the strut noise and the loose headliner. Picked it up on Friday, and with the exception of a small pebble between the rotor and the backplate, all of my noises and rattles are GONE!

Once I took out the damn pebble, my car FINALLY sounds like it is supposed to! NO WEIRD NOISES!

Now, if could get the steering issue fixed, it would feel like a new car!
I'm excited that your suspension noise is completely gone! First, have you talked to your dealer's Service Manager about this steering issue? Please PM me any useful info (VIN, mileage, phone number, dealer name, and a brief description) and I'll look into it.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 08-22-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added two posters