Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Cool ST Ad...
Thread: Cool ST Ad...
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #13
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

Points 2,254, Level 28
Points: 2,254, Level: 28 Points: 2,254, Level: 28 Points: 2,254, Level: 28
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
What is all this racing from a roll stuff,that was what the ricer boys did back in the late '90s since they couldn't get traction at the strip and racing from a roll takes zero skill.

Yes,it will be beat a WRX from a roll but it will need mods to beat one at the strip and we'll see the numbers from the road courses but I expect the ST to surprise some people but some early testers are complaining about the lack of a proper LSD. Should be hitting dealers next week.

I think if people drove both the ST and a WRX back to back on a road course we'd see some very different observations.
The only reason that I mentioned going from a roll is that the WRX will obviously have a distinct advantage from a stop. Going from a roll equalizes the cars and focuses the race on raw power (and weight/gearing/shifting skills of course), and not drivetrain type.

I do agree with you about the LSD issue, there are some reviewers that say the electronic diff does a fine job, while others still pine the performance benefits of a true LSD. I myself would prefer a true LSD, but Ford has made it clear that that would result in increased weight and cost, and whether or not those increases are worth it I cannot say.

Also, apparantly owners in Michigan are starting to get them in already.
http://fordstnation.com/top-stories/...ved-kinda.html
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 84k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune