Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Just a theory regarding MFT.
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theman2b View Post
As a regular visitor and semi-regular poster on here I have noticed a trend. All of us people who trusted Ford with our money on a first year car are getting screwed by first year MFT glitches. All of the people who have Edges and other models don't have as many. So I was thinking. Since they are all essentially the same hardware.... what stops us from downloading one of the versions intended for htose vehicles and trying it on our cars. Would be simple mosy over to your local dealer find a 2012 Edge on the lot, record the VIN and come home log into the website and walah..... better features and less bugs...... in theory.
Hi, Theman2b -

Software versions are uniform among vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. Concerns vary depending on how the system is being utilized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
I have a 2013 Escape with v3.0.2 and I'm experiencing some of the same problems (and some new ones) that I had in my Focus. The system still has bugs.
Wow, 2012silversel, a '12 Focus and a '13 Escape, I'm jealous! What's going on with your Escape? PM me some details and I'll look into it.

For those of you who haven't heard, our engineers are currently working on an update. I don't have an ETA for availability, but one thing I do know, the Outside Air Temperature Display is coming back! Future announcements will be made in our SYNC Owner forum, stay tuned:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford