IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101801
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursing1991 View Post
UDATE got a call from ford service up in MI and they will be sending a service rep to drive with me and the tech from the dealer and they will be taking notes on what to do. she also told me that since it was in for more than 3x and one of those times was for 8 days that they consider it an issue. I will hear back and get the tracking number that they are going to put on my car and then the date to drifve it with the rep and service tech. I cant wait to drive up that hill and have them hear what i have to hear everyday and see the techs face. Very happy im able to have this done because im so sick of driving like that and have to hear all of the loud sounds it makes and have it shake and raddle.

After all this have you not driven the vehicle with a technician where the problem occurs? The reason I ask is not to patronize, but I'm a very experienced technician, a former Ford motor engineer (the type FCSD is sending out to look at your car) and I'm also an automotive instructor...therefore I'm pretty familiar with the repair process. It's pretty understandable that issues can be intermittent and there is a possibility that upon previous service visits the techs haven't been able to verify your concerns - and therefore won't make any "shotgun" attempts to repair it. It's quite common for customers and/or service personnel to recommend a test drive with a tech present...