Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford focus winter car
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
teamtos
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102613
What I Drive: 2001 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 teamtos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Tan View Post
That's a lot of work and money to put into a 160k miles winter beater, you're probably better off just throwing snow tires on it and fixing up the front bumper, then calling it good. I won't drive a focus in the winter without a good set of snow tires personally.

The SVT brake upgrade really isn't necessary unless you are tracking the car and have some pretty serious go mods. Drums are fine for street driving unless you are concerned about looks.

Skip the ebay header and CAI. Best header for this car is a used SVT header and flex. The stock SVT snorkel and intake box with a K&N drop-in actually outperform a CAI. I'd pull the header and the intake box and snorkel from the junkyard where you got the brakes.

And why drop a winter car?

I dunno... the mods you listed aren't going to make a whole lot of difference for the car except for the suspension.
The for your advice but these part where cheap,
Car 300
Brake swap from junk yard 100
Ss brake lines 137
Svt cluster 35
Svt shock and svt front sway bar with eibach rear sway bar 250
Tune up kit 100
eBay cai 24
Eibach lowing spring 130
Headlight 80...
I am doing all the work my self so no labour cost
spent bout a 1000 buck for a very good winter car....plus it's a 161km= bout 100'000
I am not doing any motor work,like keeping it stock..keep the good gas mileage ...

I wanted the car lower,I can ride around on stock height plus the Svt shock are good and had very low mile on them,the stock shock feel like they are going to blow soon..
.....Ps I Canadian and know bout winter tires and winter,the car came with winter....I luck out on this car
You donít SHINE!
Team TOS