Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #68
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
I just called the dealership to set up an appointment, and again they're telling me my car doesn't have this feature. Where's the customer service guy around here? I haven't seen him in a hot minute and I can't find him while searching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
^So annoying. I'm at 31.5k miles and I still haven't had my car fixed for the IA unlocking issue, my transmission grinding noises, and this (which is really the least of my worries). Does anyone know if this fix is just a reprogramming of the BCM or not? If no, I might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I just want to get everything done before my 36k miles are up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
I ran out of fluid about a month ago without an idiot light to tell me so... Maybe the SE Sports don't have it...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
I'm not sure if this helps, but I just went through the Service Manual section on Wipers and Washers (section 501-16) and the Wiring Diagrams for same (cell 81-1) and found no evidence of a washer fluid level system. No sensor, no wiring, or anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
There is a windshield washer fluid indicator/ sensor alert or at least there was on my brother's SEL hatch built on 3/19/12. I haven't run mine that low yet, but his was lighting up a warning notice on the 4.2" instrument cluster screen and bonging at him upon starting the car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
The washer fluid sensor is in the service manual, but not in the washer/wiper section...

The wiring is all there, but Ford forgot to enable it in the 'as installed' configuration table in the early production models. This can be fixed with a dealer's scan tool. This is covered in the following TSB:

TSB 12-04-13 - LOW WASHER SOLVENT WARNING MESSAGE MAY NOT DISPLAY ON VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/14/2012

I had them apply that TSB a few months ago but haven't used enough washer fluid since then to determine if it works now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
When mine runs low it displays a message. I have a picture somewhere, I'll see if I can get it on here...

Edit: Found it.

My car is built after 1/14/12.
Hey everyone -

Here's Thomas! I see the due diligence has been done. It's only on trims with the high level message center. Your dealers are best to tell you if it's equipped or not. Please take a look at the Owner Guide, 5th Printing for more info: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply