Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Post your Oxford White/Platinum Tri-coat Pics!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #85
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,682, Level 92
Points: 21,682, Level: 92 Points: 21,682, Level: 92 Points: 21,682, Level: 92
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzboy View Post
Quick question.
I've recently noticed the Platinum White Tri-Coat application is far from even across the body.
Anybody know why the B-pillars (behind the opened doors), door jambs, and interior sills are simply ordinary Oxford White? I am not expecting the metallic application in every area (like the engine bay), but I was expecting a bit more "glitter" application.

I know I shouldn't compare, but my 2001 BMW 740i has an Oxford Green Metallic finish everywhere except the engine bay and the spare wheel well. I guess my expectations were a bit high.
My Yellow Blaze is the same. The door jambs are the basic base colour and the exterior is of course the full tri-coat. I don't mind though, of course I notice but at shows the doors are closed and no one else probably cares.

Better than the old Escapes though, where the underside of the hood and the engine bay were different colors entirely.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.