Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Do you want to loose weight? I lost 76 in 3 months
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #163
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

Points 153,662, Level 100
Points: 153,662, Level: 100 Points: 153,662, Level: 100 Points: 153,662, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
I'm 6 foot even about 250 lbs.

I think my main problem is night eating. I eat when I'm watching TV at night. Chips, etc. I don't keep chips in the house anymore due to them being gone in two days. I started that juicing thing but I couldn't stick with it...the juicer is just a PITA to clean up, not to mention the sheer amount of food stuffs you go through just to make a teeny bit of juice.

I was (until recently) addicted to energy drinks. I simply could not function without having one everyday. I would get really bad headaches and would just crash at 3-4PM if I didn't have one. I cut those out cold turkey. It sucked for the first three days, then it got better. After doing that I attempted to cut out soda altogether, including diet. That is/was more difficult. I have a soda essentially every other day. We're talking one 12 oz can is all. I eat fast food 2-3 times per week, but I am really trying to cut that down to once a week at most.

Recently I've started riding my bike for 13 miles a day. I'm planning on doing that 4-5 days a week alternating with walking on the other days.

My TDEE is 3292 so I should shoot for about 3,000 calories a day, correct.

By my figuring I feel like I need to lose about 50 pounds to really feel good. I think it's doable, with some encouragement of course. Hope I can count on FF for that...
It sounds corny, and it's sort of tedious but download the app called Lose It!

It tracks all your calories for you and tells you how many you have left to eat that day. It also figures out what a healthy number of calories you can eat is based off age, weight, how much you want to lose and time frame. I did it when I was cutting weight and it helped a lot.

It can record exercise too, but I never did because then it tells you you can eat more calories, which just makes you maintain.. not actually keep the burnt calories off.