Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Sump
Thread: Sump
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
rics94svtbird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95825
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus SE 4door

FF Reputation: 2 rics94svtbird Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
AnksR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earls32 View Post
JE or Super tec pistons Eagle rods will be fine, stock bearings also if you want. Just make sure if you do it that way with out removing the the block check the cylinder walls. Also if you going for that much whp I would also recommend billet oil pump gears ( if you don't already have them ). And defiantly do the bung on the oil pan your going to have it off anyways plus its cheap , and all the high/low hp cars are running the same setup with no problems..

Chris
Well I think the cylinder walls are ok Chris I bought the car with 63k from some old guy that wouldn't drive the car much the car was bone stock with the exception of the stereo(he did give me the original stereo) and of course the guy never fixed the valve cover gasket when they had the recall but thanks for the heads up I will still take that advise Chris.

Ps man if all our ford brothers were this helpful on the other forums Im also a member of TCCOA(Thunderbird Cougar club of America) and no lie those guys are real aholes. I was sharing one of my other projects and they just started telling me off due to the fact that I was in a fork in the road with project svtbird the options were; a twin turbo v6 3.8 stroked to 4.2, rebuilt original 3.8 sc thunderbird engine, 5.0HO turbo, or modular 5.0 coyote DOHC with a termec 6 speed boss tranny. And all I wanted was there opinion and wich road I should take, but really guys all of you Focus Fanatics are Awesome and I say Thankyou all.