Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #65
Hypnotoad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85864
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 3 Hypnotoad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
I'm not sure if this helps, but I just went through the Service Manual section on Wipers and Washers (section 501-16) and the Wiring Diagrams for same (cell 81-1) and found no evidence of a washer fluid level system. No sensor, no wiring, or anything.

Although I did find out that someone, somewhere, gets the 'headlight washer' option.
The washer fluid sensor is in the service manual, but not in the washer/wiper section. I don't have it handy right now but I believe it is in a section on gauges and sensors, or something along those lines.

The wiring is all there, but Ford forgot to enable it in the 'as installed' configuration table in the early production models. This can be fixed with a dealer's scan tool. This is covered in the following TSB:

TSB 12-04-13 - LOW WASHER SOLVENT WARNING MESSAGE MAY NOT DISPLAY ON VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/14/2012

I had them apply that TSB a few months ago but haven't used enough washer fluid since then to determine if it works now.