FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiaclover812 View Post
do you still have recall letter? I'm afraid to drive mine also. MIne will get anywhere from 30 to 43mpg but lately it will just start dropping below 30 as I drive. NOTHING ON THIS CAR IS RIGHT!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
If you are afraid to drive your car, then take it to the dealer and have it looked at under warranty. If your dealer is not being cooperative, then you should contact our Ford Customer Service representative with your name, VIN, and the dealer in question. Uncooperative dealers cooperate after being contacted by Ford corporate.
Please drop me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll have your regional Customer Service Manager assess this situation. Thanks for the recommendation, whynotthinkwhynot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
...Both clutches were replaced in the car and it was test driven by the technician and service dept manager. They both felt the car was not "right" and both clutches were replaced again.

My car was ten returned to me and it drives perfectly, shifts perfectly, and does not grind...

...Town And Country Ford in Charlotte NC is highly recommended by this happy Focus owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I checked with my Ford dealer and sure enough the service manager sat with me and explained all the nuances of the Focus Trans. This was per a directive issued by Ford to all dealerships. The manager said if I noticed any problems with the trans to bring the car in and they would be rectified as quickly as possible. All American Ford is a great place to do business. I feel relieved that should a problem arise it will be expertly dealt with.
I appreciate the positive dealer buzz. How long have you had the two new clutches, Blk5dr64? Be sure to share your feedback here too: http://social.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
Same problem here......what's new it's a 2012 Focus. Car has been a trainwreck from day one and I have never heard so many lame excuses from a dealer...Finally forced them to acknowledge and replace the steering rack....fixed! So why not just fix our transmissions? Ford Sync, don't get me started, gave up complaining to save my blood pressure...
We're looking into all transmission feedback. I'd like to send this to your area's Customer Service Manager; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
...I think that the DCT is solid technology that is experiencing some problems, some of which are caused by customers who expect the transmission to behave like a traditional torque converter based automatic which it never will.

If my wife's car was having a problem I would be working closely with my dealer (who is excellent) and the transmission tech who services both the Focus and my Fiesta (5-speed).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
...I have developed a good relationship with my tech and we discuss everything he is going to do and what to expect. I simplify the explanations for my wife and so far, all she says in response to my "Is the car treating you well?" is "Wonderfully."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Actually, I've had no problems with mine. I'm just referring to the folks that seem to be having problems that are inexplicable, as they keep recurring after multiple re-flashes...
I'm thrilled to hear about your cars! Maintaining a great relationship with your dealer is so important. Speaking of maintaining, here is a link which will help in that regard: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIce2012 View Post
Thanks for the info; my car is in shope for the 3rd time. I was told it had to be broken in and my problem has been going from 20 to 40mph driving thru town, It was fine for a few thousand miles and them it wanted to stop runnin in traffic; that's why I'm afraid to drive it, They told me they reset the computer again but is that going to fix it or am I going to have this prob again?
You were advised correctly; it definitely needs to be broken in. PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll fill in your region's Customer Service Manager about this. When will you be picking it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursing1991 View Post
...It is the worst in traffic when we have to start then stop and its annoying when you go up a hill and it so lous and sounds like the metal just feel out from underneath your car. I went to 2 diffrent dealers and they both said it was not an issue...My uncle works in MI at Ford and he was intown for july4th he drove it and said thats not normal.[B]...I had a 2008 focus befor this one and it had NOOOOOO problems what so ever. He called me yesterday and told me that something good will come from it and that he will take care of it. I WILL NEVER buy a ford again because everytime i take it to service they are rude to me and they try and treat me like i dont know anything...
Please shoot me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll document this feedback. Is your uncle currently looking into your Focus at this time?

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply