Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #1295
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think it's important to understand that there are two issues here. Yes, there are good cars, and yes, there are bad cars. Yes , there are people who do not like the DCT and will complain about it. Yes, there are people who are having major problems with their cars and have every right to complain. For people with a good car, yes, it's fabulous. For peole with problems, it's junk.

Do a little more research of other forums and blogs. The so called "few' on this forum are not the only ones with major problems. Sloppy shifting, delayed downshifts, stalling, grinding, defective steering racks, defective wheel bearings, defective struts, ( I call these items defective because many failures are before 5,000 miles) are being reported on many blogs and other forums. Service managers have stated there are problems and they either don't have a fix or Ford will not authorize a fix. Yes, the dealers are caght in the middle and i found mine to be honest and helpful, but that didn't get the job done. I find it interesting that those who want to blame the owners for not learning, or not knowing how to drive or for causing these problems are those who are NOT having any problems. I'm sure if you drove a car that has a trans that sounds like a coffee grinder, or a steering rack that's defective or any other of the noted problems you would be telling a different story. Consumer Reports dropped the Focus' rating due to the DCT. J. D. Powers dropped Ford's quality rating due to "My Touch" and transmission problems. People aren't imagining these problems. They are admitted to by service managers, but not Ford. The problems are real, and at times unsafe and just as bad is the poor customer service by Ford corporate. Excuses don't make for satisfied customers.

Don't be so hard on those who are having problems...you don't know what they are going through.